Expedia.com

Translate This Blog To Your Language

see my handmade items on etsy

CHECK OUT OUR ARCHIVES - SIGN OUR GUESTBOOK - POST IN OUR FORUM

CHECK OUT OUR ARCHIVES-SIGN OUR GUESTBOOK-POST IN OUR FORUMS

LOTS OF INFORMATION THERE

CHECK OUT THE LIST TO THE RIGHT


Thursday, July 12, 2012

What Is The Paleo Diet - Here It Is Explained

What Is The Paleo Diet You Ask?

The Paleo Diet is an all natural diet that goes back to our roots before domesticated cows, white sugar, and preservatives.  It is the only nutritionally balanced plan that works with your bodies natural inner working instead of against it.  Since it works with you instead of against you, you will feel energetic, rested, and stronger than ever. There have been many studies that show  that our modern ways of man made preservatives, sweeteners,  over refined, and over processed foods, and lack of exercise are the root causes for most of the health problems today.  It is speculated that one of the root causes of some of our modern diseases such as diabetes, cancer, obesity, heart disease, Alzheimer's, infertility, and many more like Parkinson's and a large amount of the largely known auto immune diseases.

The Paleo Diet is basically a hunter gatherer diet and it says it is good to eat  fruits, vegetables, lean meats, seafood, nuts, seeds, and healthy fats. It is bad to eat dairy, grains, processed foods, processed sugars, legumes alcohol and starches.  Some peoples bodies reject certain foods and triggers an auto immune response.   Autoimmunity is a reaction in which our bodies own immune system attacks “us.” Normally the immune system protects us from bacterial, viral, and parasitic infections. The immune system identifies a foreign invader, attacks it, and ideally clears the infection, just as it would if you received a donor organ that wasn't a match to you. To learn more click here.

 When an auto immune response is triggered a reaction occurs when a person's own tissues are confused as a foreign tissue or substance and the immune system attacks the tissue. Common forms of autoimmunity include Multiple Sclerosis, Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn's disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, and Vitiligo to name only a tiny fraction of autoimmune diseases. Elements of autoimmunity are likely at play in conditions as seemingly unrelated as Schizophrenia, infertility, and various forms of cancer.

It has been shown that all of these so-called "unrelated" diseases share a common cause: damage to the intestinal lining which allows large, undigested food particles to make their way into the body. This is called leaky gut syndrome.  I have been researching this topic for some time.  I too have an auto immune disease - Ulcerative Colitis.  If you have never heard of this or have been recently diagnosed with UC or Crohn's I suggest you read this book - The Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis Bible.  I have struggled with this horrible disease for over fifteen years.  I visited Dr. after Dr. with the same results, Take these new pills and change your diet to high fiber and if you have a flare up just take these steroids or try this or try that - well we aren't really sure what will work for you...  I got really tired of this.  I went to a new Dr. and while he didn't cure me or get me into remission he pointed me in the right direction - unknowingly.  He asked me what I like to call the magic question, that I had never heard of.  He said "Have you ever been tested for Celiacs disease?"  I of course had no idea what that was and I, being very inquisitive as I am, asked what the hell is that?  He then went on to explain  to me that it is an allergy to the Gluten in wheat, rye, and barley. I started researching immediately.

What I found was a whole community of people who have been trying for some time to get this allergy noticed by Dr.'s as a real problem, and get a decent market going for Gluten Free food that TASTES GOOD! Especially Bread and desserts.  Here is a link to a great GF Dessert Cookbook and the best bread I have found is UDI"S, they make buns, bread, bagels, English muffins and much much more.  I tried not eating anything with gluten in it for a week - what a difference!!  So I stuck with it and kept researching. I have read many books and researched many products that claim to be the miracle diet. Some of which are worth having - here is a link to a great Celiacs Cookbook. What it all boils down to is that some people are allergic to certain foods and they do not even know they are. As described above these foods can trigger an auto immune response and cause your intestinal lining to be attacked by your immune system causing, it to become porous and in turn giving you leaky gut syndrome.  There is a great book called Clean by A. Junger, a must read.  The leaky gut syndrome causes all kinds of horrible diseases that can be eliminated and most in just a few weeks - these are the diseases you have suffered with for years - gone in a few weeks.

It just takes a diet change - I know that's what I thought- again? another diet change? this is bull.  But if you think about it, it all makes sense. If the food you are eating triggers an auto immune response and your body is attacking itself you should quit eating those foods right?  There are tiny cells that make up a kind of carpet in your intestines called villi they are what absorbs the nutrients and water out of the food you eat creating formed stools.  When you have Celiacs disease these are confused - if you will - with the gluten and the immune system attacks the villi causing a variety of problems.

The Paleo diet takes all these foods that are known allergens out of the picture.  It is kind of a miracle diet, at least it has been for me.  It takes all the other diets for UC, Crohn's and other auto immune diseases and kinda combines them all into one, the other books are great also with their own recipes, but this one works for most of those health issues.  What I found is that if you follow the diet and RETURN  TO NORMAL,you can experiment with some of the BAD foods one at a time and find what is BAD for You in particular and then just avoid THOSE foods.  You will know right away which ones they are because the jont pain and the stomach cramps, the bloating, the diarrhea, and what ever other symptoms you may have will return within four hours for sure. 

Here are some of the recipe books that I recommend they have tons of recipes and lots of pictures and is in e-book format so you can print just the pages you need instead of having a big bulky book to lug around.  You can even save it to a flash drive or cd to have a backup - computers aren't always reliable...Paleo Recipe BookPaleo Cookbook .Com Paleo Smoothies. Let me know what you think of these books, feed back is great.

I hope I gave you some insight on the Paleo diet and how it may help you.  It is helping me I am almost through testing all the foods that I think I can't live without to see how they affect me.  So far things are going very well.

I hope This Helps 
Remember to comment and share this page with your
 Facebook Friends!

No comments :

Post a Comment