Expedia.com

Translate This Blog To Your Language

see my handmade items on etsy

CHECK OUT OUR ARCHIVES - SIGN OUR GUESTBOOK - POST IN OUR FORUM

CHECK OUT OUR ARCHIVES-SIGN OUR GUESTBOOK-POST IN OUR FORUMS

LOTS OF INFORMATION THERE

CHECK OUT THE LIST TO THE RIGHT


Monday, April 16, 2012

HOW TO SCREEN PRINT A T-SHIRT AT HOME





THINGS YOU WILL NEED:

  • MOD PODGE© GLUE
  • FINE MESH CURTAIN 
  • CRAFT HOOP
  • SCREEN PRINT INK
  • T-SHIRT
  • PENCIL
  • SQUEEGEE
  • LARGE CUTTING BOARD OR SIMILAR PIECE OF WOOD
  • WAX PAPER
  • IRON

Start out by picking your design, you should start with something easy.    Print out your design on a sheet of paper, and trace it onto the curtain using the pencil.  I started out with a black and white image for my small drywall business.  Place the curtain in the craft hoop and make sure it is stretched tight, and centered. Cut off the excess material.


Using the Mod Podge© glue, paint it on everywhere that you DO NOT want the ink on your T-Shirt.  I used sticker letters for the words on the shirt.


 Once the glue dries it is completely water proof and will also stop the ink from going through.  Be sure to paint enough area outside of your design so that the ink doesn't spread past and onto an area where you DO NOT want ink.

The shiny spots are where the dried glue is.


This is what is should look like.  Be sure it is stretched tight. Place the wax paper over the piece of wood, and place the shirt over it with the area you want printed centered over it.


Put the craft hoop with the dried design over your shirt and center the design.  Spread a small amount of the ink on the design and using the squeegee push the design down onto the shirt and slowly with steady pressure,  pull the ink across the design in a single swipe.  I used a squeegee from a Bondo© body filler kit I had in the garage.


 
Below is a closer picture of the shirt after being printed.



It turned out pretty well for my first attempt, I think.  To set the ink you have to iron it.  I used an old towel between the iron and the shirt to prevent the ink from getting on the iron, there are instructions on the ink bottles.  I got my ink from the local craft store. 


I hope you try this it was pretty fun to do and it has endless possibilities.

Happy Printing!

OLOE


No comments :

Post a Comment